Thursday, October 2, 2008

broken arm and sitting around

I am typing this with one hand and not very well at that! i am right handed and of course i broke my right hand! funny how we take things for granted each day, for example tying your shoes, taking a shower, cutting a tomato, washing your hair, cutting down a tree. the list goes on and on. as i sit here thinking poor me, poor me it reminds me of how thankful i am for the positive things that i have in my life! a caring spouse that loves me and helps me cut that tomato and washes my hair. a left hand that can learn to adapt to doing more work. sometimes the lord will throw a curve in the mix just to let you know that you can do things. it just may take more work and determination to achieve your main goal. he is with us and if we accept the help we will succeed! sometimes we pray and pray for the lord to help us with our burdens, but we never take the time to actually look for the help. for example, try doing up your zipper with your non dominate hand, using only that hand. now have your spouse help you with that same zipper, answer to your prayers? some will say no that would never happen to me, but what if it did? how would you deal with the task at hand? I guess my point is the lord works for us and offers us the help we need we just need to recognize the help he is offering. prayer works! just try it and you will see! just look for the help that he puts in front of you.
This was not where i was going with the poor me story and i have no idea how i got so preachy! so i am sorry to make you feel like you are in church lol

hope you all have a great day or night!

Paul

3 comments:

mktitus32@yahoo.com said...

I know it sux to be unable to use a limb. but tell me what did you do to break your arm?
I told you not to hit Lona
See
she hits back
and has a lond reach.
I do hope you mend well and quickly.

Alona said...

Bet he is going to think twice before he hits me again!!!
Just kidding. He was actually protecting a female officer at work and being the gentle person that he is, took down a few of the the 12 inmates in a riot, a little too hard and now wears his trophy.
Go Paul Go!!!

Cheri said...

Hey did you find out if they have to do surgery?

love your sis